The Spalding Method
We use The Spalding Method to develop children's literacy skills.
The Spalding Method helps children spell, read and write by teaching them how to:
- write letters and numbers
- link letters and sounds
- ‘sound out’ words by breaking them into syllables and sounds
- apply spelling and reading rules
- develop a ‘sight vocabulary’
- use words in grammatically-correct, meaningful sentences.
The Spalding Method uses multisensory instruction (children hear, say, write and see each word) and helps develop higher-level thinking skills (such as analysis and reasoning).
To purchase Spalding resources please go to our Learning Store.
Contact us for more information.