Written expression requires many skills
To write stories, recounts, assignments and essays, a student needs to be able to:
- spell words quickly and accurately
- use punctuation correctly
- use a variety of sentence types
- use appropriate ‘signal words’ such as firstly, for example, on the other hand and in conclusion
- understand how different types of text are constructed (for example, a short story is constructed in a different way to a newspaper article)
- organise ideas into an appropriate sequence
- edit work carefully for organisation, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
Contact us for more information about how we can help with written expression difficulties.